The Chargers Rowing Club is seeking a self-motivated visionary who possesses the necessary skills and experience to be its Club Director.
The Club Director will report to the Club’s Board of Directors (Board). The responsibilities of the Club Director include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervision and Management of Equipment Manager and Program Manager.
- Developing a plan to implement the Board’s Strategic plan.
- Manage the budget and provide approvals within budget. Report monthly to the Board on budget status.
- Regularly interpret and analyze the cost effectiveness of programs. Create a Budget Report and a recommendation to the board for the new year.
- Grant Writing.
- Interface with the media and the public on behalf of the club.
- Oversight of hiring with the Program Manager.
- Oversight of coach training, retention and evaluation.
- Encourage club membership and support the club mission. (Face of the club)
- Oversee operations of the boathouse and enforce club policies.
- Develop and implement survey program for all applicable members/participants covering all levels.
- Promote club unity and cohesion.
- Develop public relations plan within community.
- Logistics of competitive travel
- Dissemination of the club information.
- Regatta management
- Coordination of marketing of club programs.
- Establish and oversee volunteers and organization thereof.
- Point person with the Onondaga County Parks Department.
- Approving a payroll.
- Administrative duties including but not limited to:
- Collect and maintain timely and accurate data (using Quickbooks and/or other Board preferred methods) for the Board from online and hardcopy registration forms, coaches rosters, participant rosters (including name, birth date, email address , phone number, emergency phone number and medical alert) venders invoices, donors checks, contributions, grant monies and employees W4 forms.
- Drafting correspondence on behalf of the Club.
- Posting, sending and collecting invoices and fees for programs, membership, regattas, facility fees, etc. This may also require personal phone calls to follow up as the circumstances may warrant. To also include refunds for participants when necessary as well as payments made through PayPal.
- Going to the Post Office 1-2 per week to pick up the mail.
- Keep current all trailer and launch boat registrations. Going to the DMV when necessary.
- Purchase office supplies as needed.
- Assist the club treasurer with the filing of IRS forms.
- Promote the development of rowing programs in additional surrounding high schools and colleges.
- Promote and develop commitments by schools, colleges and other organizations to partner with SCRC to develop our current facility to its fullest potential and to build a new venue on the Seneca River.
- Work with the Board and coaches in establishing, communicating and enforcing safety protocols.
- Order shirts, medals, trophies, etc.
- Assist in developing web-based services for program registration, boat reservations, etc.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Board.
The Club Directors term of employment shall be one (1) year commencing on January 1st and ending on December 31st which shall be renewable for subsequent one (1) year terms at the sole discretion of the Board.
Pay is commensurate with experience.
Email or send Cover Letter and Resume to:
President Tim Daughton at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Syracuse Chargers Rowing Club
P.O. Box 5643
Syracuse, NY 13220