Corporate Rowing League
A fantastic opportunity for team building, growth and a whole lot of fun. Register now!
Any organization, company, school, church, or other affiliated group may participate. No Experience is needed. Individuals will spend seven weeks learning the rowing stroke from the ground level.
The Corporate Rowing League will run from May – July. The league will consist of a practice once a week for seven weeks finishing with The Onondaga Cup and Lakefest!
Ways to get involved
Individual vs. Corporate Team
- Teams are encouraged to sign up more individuals in order to accommodate busy schedules. We recommend 10-13 people per team. (8 people in the boat at once)
- Although companies may row as one boat there will be opportunities for individual business men and women to row as well.
- All teams must have a designated CAPTAIN to communicate with their coach
Register online! Registration deadline – MAY 2017
Coaches will be provided. Experienced coxswains will be provided.
Captains and Coaches will organize boat allotments.
Information for the Captain
As a captain, you have taken on the responsibility of making sure you have a full boat for each practice, sharing any necessary communication from the Program Director and your coach, and taking care of the following logistical details before your first practice:
- Make sure your entire team has signed up online: click here to register
- Make sure your team’s boat fee has been paid for at or before your first practice.
Information for the Team
Attire: For each practice, you can come prepared by wearing form fitting gym clothes and sandals/sneakers. You will need socks to wear in the boat. Shoes are not necessary as they are built into the boats. Make sure you don’t wear anything too baggy, especially with regard to shorts, as baggy things can get caught on the rolling seat
Hydration: Make sure you have your own water bottle. You can bring it with you in the boat. It gets hot in the summer time, and you’ll be training hard to kick some butt at the regatta!
Weather: This is an all-weather sport; we row rain or shine – just not in downpours or thunderstorms!
Spare Rowers: When more than 8 people are on a team, practices can work one of two ways:
- If more than 8 people are present for a practice, the coach may decide to switch rowers in and out during practice to give everyone water time.
- Due to schedule conflicts, some rowers may just have "off" nights where they don't go. This is fine, as long as 8 people are there and ready to row.
The Onondaga Cup
- The regatta will be held July 22, 2017. Learn more about this incredible event at the Onondaga Cup webpage!
- Each team is responsible for a racing shirt. You can race in the CHARGER shirts we provide, but in the past, teams have had their corporations provide a shirt or they have designed and made their own. You may also consider going out into the community and seeking sponsorship from local restaurants and/or bars.